no avatar

Motorhome destroyed in fire

Scott Seitz2 • Dec 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM

A motorhome was deemed a total loss after a fire Sunday morning at a Sand Road residence.

Three vehicles and seven firefighters responded at 9:21 a.m. to 4310 Sand Road due to the report of a motorhome on fire right next to the residence.

Firefighters extinguished the blaze, which had gone through the roof and one side of the motorhome.

According to the report, the fire started at the bottom of a refrigerator located inside the motorhome and spread to the wall.

Damages totaled $20,000 and the vehicle was determined to be a total loss due to major heat and smoke damage.

No injuries were reported and fire was contained to the motorhome.

Recommended for You

    Norwalk Reflector Videos