Wally Ritchie, the interim director of public works, released a list of 29 streets that will be resurfaced.
Public works have planned and budgeted for nearly five miles worth of resurfacing.
East Water Street and Cary Place will be resurfaced from end to end. The streets St. Clair Drive, Adams Street, Railroad Steet, Garcia Drive, Deerfield Avenue and Old Orchard Loop will all be resurfaced entirely.
During Tuesday’s meeting, city council passed a resolution to advertise and receive bids for the 2020 street resurfacing project and to authorize a contract after bidding.
The list may change due to unforeseen projects or issues.
• North Linwood Avenue will be resurfaced from Monroe to Railroad Street.
• Franklin Avenue will be resurfaced from Milan Avenue to Marshall Street. Rule Street will be done from Wooster to Prospect Street.
• Williams Avenue will be resurfaced from Milan Avenue to Republic Street. Republic Street will be resurfaced from the Ernsthausen Recreation Center to Milan Avenue.
• Pleasant Street will be resurfaced from Jefferson Avenue to Cary Place.
• Woodlawn Avenue is included from Bank to Main Street. Akron Road will be done from AJ Riley Contracting Inc. to Old State Road.
• Schauss Avenue will be resurfaced from St. Mary Street to the Ohio 61 intersection.
• East Seminary Street will be done from Benedict to Woodlawn Avenue. East Washinton will be resurfaced from Whittlesey Avenue to North Foster Street.
• West Chestnut Street is included from Norwood Avenue to Stoutenburg Drive. Norwood Avenue will be resurfaced from Elm Street to Benedict Avenue.
• Alley between Benedict Avenue to Linwood Avenue. State Street will be resurfaced from West Main to Jefferson Street.
• Westwind Drive will be done from Walmart Drive to Milan Avenue. Firelands Boulevard will be resurfaced from the house No. 46 to the end of the road.
• Justin Drive and Sara Drive will be resurfaced from Old State Road to house No. 15. Kathrine Way will be resurfaced from Justin to Sara Drive.
• Quail Hollow Avenue will be resurfaced from West Street.