The clinic will be five sessions held in the morning beginning at 9 a.m. as well as evening sessions beginning at 6 p.m. and run Monday through Friday, July 9 through 13. Early registration is encouraged as class sizes are limited. Forms can be found at the pool office, city hall, or online at www.willardohio.us and returned to the pool.
All children younger than the age of 12 must have an adult on premises during the lesson. No swimmer or family member is allowed in the water without their instructor.
Four classes will be available for different skill levels and will run as follows:
• Level 1 (6 years and up): Water adjustment for children (without parents). Enter and exit in shallow end, move comfortably through the water, submerge face (three seconds) and float with support on front and back.
• Level 2 (6 years and up): Independent float on front and back, open eyes under water and retrieve objects, rhythmic breathing or bobbing 10 times, etc.
• Level 3 (6 years and up): Elementary backstroke, rhythmic breathing, jump into/dive into deep water, front and back glides, breathing to the side in front crawl, scissor kick, butterfly kick/body motion.
• Level 4 (6 years and up): Shallow dives, open turns on front and back, feet first surface dive, front and back crawl, breaststroke, butterfly, elementary backstroke, and side stroke. Should have a strong comfort in deep water.
• Level 5 (8 years and up): Experienced swimmers interested in bettering their strokes and learning breathing technique. This will be held only Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
• Preschool levels (4 and 5 years): For children who are ready to be without parents.
For more information or to obtain a brochure, call the Willard Park and Recreation Department at 419-935-1654 or visit www.willardohio.us.