National Cheeseburger day is Monday, Sept. 18, and restaurants around the nation are celebrating by offering great deals on America’s favorite sandwiches all weekend long. A recent stury surveyed over 1,000 consumers to discover just how much they spend to get their fast food fix, and what exactly it is they want on their cheeseburger.
• Majority of consumers (28 percent) said they only eat cheeseburgers a few times a year, however, this is not the case for everyone. Twenty-four percent said they grab a burger once a month and 21 percent eat one once a week.
• A majority of consumers (62 percent) spend $1-$20 on cheeseburgers in a month. What’s surprising about this data is that while 17% don’t spend any money on cheeseburgers, 5 percent admitted to spending over $80 a month on getting their burger fix.
ª Consumers chose condiments such as ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise to top the list at 20%, while bacon, pickles and lettuce all tied for second place (18% each). Tomatoes fall shortly behind at 17%, and avocados finish up the list at 9%.
• American cheese is the number one cheese for a cheeseburger at 35 percent. Cheddar follows closely behind at 31 percent, followed by Swiss (11 percent) and Provolone and Jack tied at 9%. And lastly, 5 percent of consumers stated that they preferred blue cheese
Area restaurants are offering you the best ways to get your favorites in honor of the special day.
Here are some deals from area restaurants to help you celebrate with your favorite cheeseburger:
- Ruby Tuesday — A free burger, up to $10 value, with purchase of an adult meal
- Applebee’s — National Cheeseburger Day Special $6.99 Burger & Classic Fries
- Burger King — 2 for $6 Whopper mix and match, PLUS more deals on the official App
- Dairy Queen — The $5 Buck Lunch
- McDonald’s — BOGO large sandwich through Oct. 1 on the official App, which includes other deals, including McPick 2 for $5 offers
- Sonic — $2.99 classic cheeseburger and medium-sized onion rings
- Wendy’s – New $5 Giant Junior Bacon Cheeseburger meal