Bryan Nemire, a 2009 graduate of Edison High School, was forced to leave his apartment near Los Angeles last week as a wildfire approached.
One resident received burns trying to free animals; an unknown number of dogs perished in the fire.
Unattended candle on top of a file cabinet was to blame.
Diesel fuel tank gouged after crash in Bellevue train yard, leading to “serious” fire.
Flames were started by candle on nightstand in Norwalk.
Tenant: “That’s what got us up and out of here.”
Dad: “I know most of everything was burnt up. But I’m also blessed we all get out safe.”
Fire chief calls it “a narrow escape” for family members renting 15 Jackson St., Monoreville, which is a total loss.
The fire is one of several recent tragedies.
BELLEVUE — Firefighters from EHOVE Career Center and Bellevue practiced different techniques in a controlled burn at 111 High St. in Bellevue on Saturday morning. Firelands Federal Credit Union donated the property to the EHOVE program. Enjoy these
Train fire at Bellevue rail yard could have been much worse.
Firefighters were still on scene at 10 p.m.
(UPDATED with full story) Norwalk man sets fire in house, climbs on roof, threatens police and repeatedly tries to kill himself.
30 firefighters from the Huron River Joint Fire District and Norwalk respond to Monroeville home.
Flames claim family's house, belongings, dog