More than 150 years ago the first railroad was built east and west in Huron County, passing through Bellevue, Monroeville, Norwalk, Collins and Wakeman. The latter two places hardly existed at that time (1853), but having railroad service made them busy places for many years afterward. This line was called the Toledo, Norwalk and Cleveland. It later became the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern and many of us remember it as the New York Central through the near north side of Norwalk. Its freight depot still stands at 50 N. Prospect.