Well, I guess producer Carol Mendelsohn was serious about this season being about family. It looks like Langston has "daddy issues" and has been researching his father's violent tendencies. Thinking back, that was teased to in last week's show (or was that the premiere?).
And is it just me or …:
• Was Langston more than a bit testy when Wendy shared her knowledge/research of violent tendencies? Yeesh! Talk about testy!
• Wasn't the older guy just as sleazy as the victim? Casting someone with such a pasty complexion, virtually no eyebrows and beady eyes just added to the sleaze factor.
• Did we not see Sara this episode? I'm guessing Thursday's show wasn't part of her five-episode contract, but still, an explanation would have been in order. All it would have taken is a line or two of dialogue.
• What is up with Hodges becoming the equivalent of "CSI the Science Guy?" Totally silly, but sooo Hodges.
• Did you like already knowing who the victim and the killer were from the beginning? Piecing together the backstory throughout the show was an intriguing way to fill in the missing elements. It certainly was a refreshing change of pace from the now-cliche CSI special effects of the damage to the body combined with a flashback scene, which may or may not have been what truly happened. I'd like to see more of this — how 'bout you?