Since my new blog format got a rave review from my avid reader Tess, it’s back – and may become a permanent fixture.
FMI, do other people read my entries, but don’t comment? Keep in mind this blog is supposed to spur conversation and debates. First, my favorite quotes from this episode:
• Adams: “Halloween is next week.” Nick: “In Las Vegas, it’s all year.”
• Woman: “Nice outfit. I wore the same thing last year.” Nick: “Me, too.”
• Grissom: You know, Nick, you’re lucky you’re not in here, too.” Nick: “Understood.”
• “They didn’t realize they were missing with an Ultimate Fighter.” (Insert eye roll here.)
And now for my chronological blog thoughts:
• Another person throwing themselves out of a window?!
• They brought the entire dumpster into the lab?! Ohhh-kay…
• Good for Catherine being an assertive mother and sending her daughter home. Is that same actress? (If so, she’s blossomed.) … That club owner has some nerve to say she showed “bad parenting” because her daughter had a fake ID.
• Is that Grissom’s hearing going bad (again – I though we were done with that unresolved storyline) or is his attention drifting again?
• The vic’s dad is a major crime lord. Gulp.
• “Juan will never forgive me.” Double gulp.
• A REALLY random thought: Why are 90 percent of the goldfish are at the right side of the aquarium? That’s the second time in two scenes.
• Is it just me or wouldn’t it be cool to hear a director’s commentary to know what those lab contraptions actually do?
• Did that lab tech just flirt with Nick?
• No, Catherine didn’t overreact. And yes, she does need to worry about her daughter.
• Grissom: “Did you just ask me out?” Only between Grissom and Hodges. A classic awkward moment.
• The only thing I could think of when Adams was looking for the cell phone was: “She better find it before it goes to voice mail. …”
• If you look like Daniel Craig, I’m Christian Bale’s look-alike stunt double. Hey, a guy can dream!
• What’s up with the techno music crap as background music? I know; that’s redundant.
• Hodges: “I broke your case again.” Catherine: “Go.” Hodges: “Fish.” Outstanding!
• See, I knew there was something weird about those fish! • That’s Martinez from “NYPD Blue!” I’m loving these actors cast in these bit parts. That show, besides “Law & Order,” is one of the few shows that has survived and thrived with multiple cast changes.
• Why doesn’t anybody on this show call 9-1-1? Morons.
• Grissom has a dog?! Awright! But could you answer the phone already?
• What’s with all the dead bodies at the end? Did I miss something?