Several defendants entered "not guilty" pleas to their respective charges Thursday in Huron County Common Pleas Court.
Former Monroeville resident Joseph Borgia VI, 33, now of Findlay, is charged with possession of heroin. His trial date is Sept. 30.
Borgia told Judge Jim Conway he has prior felony convictions, but wasn't on probation during the suspected March 7 incident. Defense attorney Reese Wineman said Borgia has been doing well in a substance abuse treatment program and currently is in the after-care phase.
According to court records, Borgia has local convictions of trafficking in drugs and illegal conveyance of weapons from prospective cases filed in 2002 and 2003.
In the other cases heard Thursday:
• Vanessa L. Daley, 38, of 4868 N. Peru Center Road, Monroeville, goes to trial Sept. 23 on possession of heroin in connection with a March 7 incident.
• LeeAnn H. Howell, 24, of 2968 Ohio 99, Willard, has an Oct. 2 trial date on possession of heroin in connection with a May 6 incident.
• Aaron R. Lakia, 29, of Waueseon, has an Oct. 7 trial date on theft of a motor vehicle in connection with a June 1 incident. As a condition of his $5,000 bond, he is prohibited from being on the premises of an Ohio 13, Greenwich, residence.
• Becky S. Roberts, 34, of 1394 Peru Hollow Road, has a Sept. 23 trial date set for possession of oxycodone in connection with a March 18 incident.
• Joshua E. Stewart, 29, of 1394 Peru Hollow Road, goes to trial Sept. 25 on possession of oxycodone in connection with a March 18 incident. Stewart told the judge has a prior felony conviction, but wasn't on probation at the time of the suspected offense.
Each of the drug defendants are out on bond and subject to random drug screens.