On a cold winter day try this fun nature craft. Gather up some natural objects and freeze them in a pie pan. Take the frozen ornament outside and hang it on a tree branch, then watch the ornament sparkle in the sun!
Natural objects (pebbles, bark, leaves, pine needles, pine cones, nuts, seeds, wood shavings, shells, and dried flowers)
Aluminum pie pan
Heavy string or shoelace
1. Have your child arrange the natural objects in the pie pan.
2. Fold the string in half and lay it in the pan so the fold is over the edge and the two ends are in the center of the pan.
3. Fill the pan with water. If the weather is cold enough, place the pan outside to freeze.
4. If not, place it in your freezer.
5. When the water is frozen, remove the ice from the pan and hang it outside.