Three Willard residents displaced from their homes as a result of a chemical spill before Thanksgiving used money they received from CSX railroad to party with heroin, Norwalk Police Chief Dave Light said.
His department is handling the case because the individuals were found passed out Wednesday at the All American Inn & Suites in Norwalk.
Light said police found a man lying on the hallway of the hotel's third floor, passed out. Authorities gained entry into a room to conduct a welfare check and found a male and female also passed out in the room.
"They were a mess," the chief said. "They decided to go partying with heroin."
Light said the female was somewhat coherent and explained they used money they'd received from CSX to party with heroin. Both males were unresponsive, he added.
The police report wasn't complete as of early Friday afternoon, so the suspects' names were not available.
Police found "a lot of paraphernalia" in the room, Light said.
North Central EMS transported the individuals to Fisher-Titus Medical Center. Authorities have sent a report to the Norwalk Law Director's office for the consideration of charges.
Two Norwalk firefighters responded to the report of "multiple overdoses" at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday and provided basic life support. The crew was at the hotel 25 minutes.
Editor's note: Reflector staff writer Cary Ashby contributed to this story.