Family ousted after house fire

Blaze causes about $90,000 worth of damage.
Cary Ashby
Dec 7, 2013

A Richland County family's single-story house and its contents were destroyed after a fire this week.

There was about $90,000 worth of damage at 4921 Baseline Road, which is just west of the village of Plymouth.

"The house and contents were a total loss," Plymouth Volunteer Fire Chief Rich Metzger said. "There were some cats lost in the fire."

One of the homeowners called in the fire about noon Tuesday. Metzger said the family -- three adults and three children -- were home when the blaze started after fire radiated from the chimney area.

"The cause was combustibles too close to a wood burner," he said.

Firefighters from Willard and Shiloh provided mutual aid. The crew had the blaze under control about 1 p.m.

"We had 22 (firefighters) on scene. ... The Richland County Red Cross was called in for assistance," Metzger said.

The family is now living with other relatives.

Comments

mobekat

I bet the guys at Clayton Homes in Marion can help!

DATT-203

Prayers to the family in this hard time