Grand jury indicts man nabbed by Wakeman police in online sex sting

A Huron County grand jury handed down an indictment against the sixth man caught in an online sex sting by Wakeman police. Thomas E. Marquis, Jr., 26, of Bellefontaine, is charged with six counts of importuning and four counts of disseminating matter harmful to juveniles in connection with Internet chats that took place over a seven-month period.
Norwalk Reflector Staff
Jul 25, 2010

 

A Huron County grand jury handed down an indictment against the sixth man caught in an online sex sting by Wakeman police.

Thomas E. Marquis, Jr., 26, of Bellefontaine, is charged with six counts of importuning and four counts of disseminating matter harmful to juveniles in connection with Internet chats that took place over a seven-month period.

“Marquis had been communicating with (someone) he thought to be a 14-year-old girl, but was actually investigator Josh Rice of the Wakeman Police Department. The conversations became sexual almost immediately,” Chief Tim Hunker said previously.

Hunker said Marquis sent photos and movies of pornography to a Web cam Rice was using.

In another case, Plymouth resident Roger “Coty” James, 18, now in the Huron County Jail, was indicted on one county of burglary and one count of theft in connection with a June 28 incident.

James is accused of stealing about $5,000 worth of electronics from a relative’s property when the victim was attending the funeral of another relative.

Huron County Sheriff Detective Sgt. Dane Howard said James confessed to breaking in and stealing electronic games and equipment belonging to the victim’s two sons.

Two New London men were indicted on two counts of breaking and entering each in connection with two separate incidents at the end of August.

Dale R. Burrows, 37, now in the county jail, and Jason W. Puder, 23, of 15 West Washington St., Apartment A, were arrested Aug. 29 after tools were stolen from the New London village garage and food was stolen from Cravin’s.

New London Police Chief Mark Holden said the tools stolen from the garage were used the next night at the break-in at Cravin’s.

Other indictments issued Friday include:

n John Lee Howe, 20, of 221 Lyme St., Bellevue, on receiving stolen property in connection with a May 23 incident.

n Honnie A. Muhr, 39, of 101 First St., Willard, on receiving stolen property in connection with a July 25 incident. Muhr has been previously convicted of criminal trespassing.

n Roger L. Tuttle, Jr., 25, of 408 North Main St., Willard, on possession of drugs in connection with a April 6 incident.

n Kurt R. Miller, 23, now in the Huron County Jail, on one count of forgery and  one county of receiving of stolen property in connection with an incident involving a credit card on August 8. Miller, of Sandusky, has been previously convicted of passing bad checks.

n Kimberly S. Cross, 32, now in the county jail, on one count of theft of a credit card and one count of forgery in connection with an incident on August 4. She was arrested on Sept. 11

n Cyrus A. Tucker, 37, now in the county jail, with one count of domestic violence in connection with an August 23 incident.

n Timothy F. Blanton, 45, of 1888 Court Road, Norwalk, with one count of domestic violence in connection with an August 22 incident.

Cases against Joshua M. Strong, 23, and Jacob Allen LeClair, 18, who each face one count each of criminal trespass in connection with an Aug. 20 incident, were transferred to Norwalk Municipal Court because the grand jury decided the charges were worthy of misdemeanor, not felony, status.