Local fast-food restaurant evacuated

A local fast-food restaurant had to be evacuated after a soda machine hose ruptured.
Cary Ashby
Oct 3, 2012

 

Bellevue's Burger King had to be evacuated after a soda machine hose ruptured.

The 9-1-1 call came into the Bellevue Police Department at 2:21 p.m. Sunday as a possible carbon dioxide (CO2) explosion. Nine Bellevue firefighters responded five minutes later, with Lt. Tony Schaffer in charge of the scene at Burger King, 711 W. Main St.

Employees heard some metal banging and saw "a white cloud" in the area of the canisters for the soda machine, according to the report. Firefighters determined an employee had filled the tank with about 200 pounds of product just before the incident and the CO2 hose had ruptured, which released the carbon dioxide.

There was no fire and no injuries.

Firefighters ventilated the fast-food restaurant and returned to the station at 3:15 p.m.

 

 

Comments

whopper2011

Wow, nothing like posting this 3 days after the fact.