Tipped candle starts Adam Street fire

An Adams Street resident extinguished a fire in her bathroom after a lit candle tipped into a small trash can Thursday night. The fire was out by the time eight Norwalk firefighters arrived at 11:33 p.m. at 16B Adams St. home which was filled with smoke, Capt. Tom Frey said in his report. Authorities told the woman to leave the premises until the fire department arrived.
Norwalk Reflector Staff
Jul 24, 2010

 

An Adams Street resident extinguished a fire in her bathroom after a lit candle tipped into a small trash can Thursday night.

The fire was out by the time eight Norwalk firefighters arrived at 11:33 p.m. at 16B Adams St. home which was filled with smoke, Capt. Tom Frey said in his report. Authorities told the woman to leave the premises until the fire department arrived.

Firefighters extinguished various "hot spots" and ventilated the apartment. There was flame and heat damage to the bathroom and smoke damage throughout the apartment, Frey wrote.

North Central EMS transported the woman to Fisher-Titus Medical Center and was later released.