UPDATE - Towels left on stove starts Reed Street fire

Firefighters have determined a basket of towels left on top of a stove accidentally ignited and started a local fire Friday.
Cary Ashby
Apr 4, 2011

Firefighters have determined a basket of towels left on top of a stove accidentally ignited and started a local fire Friday.

The blaze burned the immediate vicinity of the stove at 25 Reed St., Norwalk Fire Capt. Tim Lucas wrote in his report. A passerby noticed smoke coming from the small house and reported it at 6:05 p.m.

(NOTE - To see photos of the fire, click HERE.)

"Upon arrival, (we) found moderate smoke conditions coming from the house. (We) attacked the fire with a 1 3/4 pre-connected hose line through the front door and extinguished the fire, which was confined to the kitchen area," Lucas wrote.

Firefighters ventilated the kitchen and determined the fire didn't extend anywhere else. The crew left the scene 36 minutes after they arrived. The home of Mitchell and Tina Case sustained about $25,000 worth of damage.

Find more of this story and other exclusive content in the Norwalk Reflector print edition or the E·Paper online newspaper.

 

Comments

StuHart

So the firelands411.com annoying commercial was longer than the video itself.

Outstanding.

Anyway at least the fire left the confederate flag unscathed.

Adk109

This should not happen with people again. Towel extends fire very fast and it may harm to someone's life. Same incident was happened in our tower but that time Firefighters reached after a long time and till, that time fire was extended in hall area.