Fred Fox, Sue Goodsite apply to be Norwalk's next school superintendent
Jul 4, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Former Huron City Schools Superintendent Fred Fox is among 11 people who have applied to be the next Norwalk City Schools superintendent.
Also included in the list of applicants is Sue Goodsite, Norwalk's assistant superintendent/curriculum and grants director.
Norwalk City Schools Superintendent Dennis Doughty, who has served in multiple positions in several local school systems, is retiring July 31 after 38 years in education. However, Doughty has been named the president of Norwalk Catholic School effective Aug. 1. There he will replace the same administrator he replaced at Norwalk City Schools -- Wayne Babcanec.
A story published in Thursday's Norwalk Reflector includes comments from Fox and Goodsite, as well as other background information.
Here is the list of 11 people who have applied to be the next Norwalk City Schools superintendent:
• Curtis M. Clough, superintendent, Strasburg Franklin Local Schools.
• Patrick Colucci, superintendent, Ashtabula Area City Schools.
• Milton V. Folson, principal, Northridge Middle School, Northeastern Local School District, Springfield, Ohio.
• Fred M. Fox, superintendent (contract ending July 31), Huron City Schools.
• Sandra S. Goodsite, assistant superintendent, Norwalk City Schools.
• James A. Millet, school administrator, Riverside Local Schools.
• Geoffrey G. Palmer, special assistant for transition, West Geauga Local Schools.
• Jerry P. Skiver, No present job listed; Last job listed was interim superintendent, St. Marys City Schools.
• Christine A. Standring, curriculum director, North Point Educational Service Center -- Huron City Schools.
• Scott P. Will, superintendent, Ashland Crestview Local Schools.
• Timothy J. Winland, superintendent, Paint Valley Local Schools.
(NOTE: To read the resume and job application for each candidate, click on the links below.)