Cops say ‘dangerous dog’ no longer in village; not so, mom says
Oct 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM
A wolf-hybrid that allegedly bit a 15-year-old New London boy is no longer in the village, police said.
However, the victim’s mother said Sunday that isn’t the case.
“It’s my understanding from authorities that the dog is no longer in our neighborhood. However, for the past two days we have seen the dog at the residence,” said the New London mother, whose son was bit last month.
The biting incident reportedly happened about 9 p.m. Sept. 26 in the 100 block of Third Street in New London. The boy, in a statement to police, said he approached the residence to receive payment for cutting the homeowner’s grass. After being bit, he was taken to the Oberlin emergency room, where he was treated and released.
New London Police Chief Mike Marko said the dog’s owner, Michelle Lindenau, has been cited twice for dog at large.
A story about this subject was published in Monday's issue of the Norwalk Reflector.