A Huron County grand jury has indicted nine suspects in connection with various alleged crimes. Seven of the defendants face drug-related charges.
In other action during Friday’s session, grand jurors declined to indict Cody W. Sargent on one count of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.
Those defendants who were indicted Friday are:
• David Barnum on rape.
• Patrick A. Belt on one count each of breaking and entering and tampering with evidence.
• Sarah E. Crabtree on one count each of trafficking in heroin (with a vehicle specification) and possession of heroin.
• Michael J. Creston on possession of heroin.
• Katherine R. Frioud on one count each of trafficking in heroin and possession of heroin.
• Dustin A. Hanson on possession of heroin.
• Elizabeth A. Lee on possession of heroin.
• Dwain C. Perry on one count each of possession of marijuana and trafficking in marijuana.
• Ronald D. Ruff on possession of cocaine base.
For more about these suspected crimes, read Monday's Reflector.