Four-month-old Eddie Gibson acted fussy late Friday afternoon; he didn't seem to want to lie down. So his mother, Breann, decided against placing him on the living room couch or in his crib for a nap.
The baby's mood on this day -- and his mother's resulting decision -- very likely combined to save his life.
A electric-related fire in the attic of the Gibson's home caused the ceiling to fall on the couch.
Breann said her baby would have been crushed if she had placed Eddie in his crib or on the couch.
Find more of this story and other exclusive content in the Norwalk Reflector print edition or the E·Paper online newspaper.