no avatar

Utility help available for seniors

Norwalk Reflector Staff • Oct 29, 2015 at 12:19 PM

The Ohio Department of Development offers several programs to help eligible low-income Ohioans pay their utility bills and improve their home's energy efficiency.

Apply to get help with home energy assistance, percentage of income payment plan, or home weatherization assistance program. Emergency HEAP requires an appointment with a local provider agency.

Applications are available through the Ohio District 5 Area Agency on Aging, Inc. in Mansfield.

Those 60 and older can request in-home assistance to complete the application.

Eligibility is income-based; therefore, proof of income for everyone living in your household and a copy of a recent heating and electric bill are required.

To get income guidelines and details, to request an application, or request in-home assistance with the application, call (419) 522-5612 or 800-522-5680, ext. 1152 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Recommended for You

    Norwalk Reflector Videos