no avatar

Permits needed in floodplains

Norwalk Reflector Staff • Oct 29, 2015 at 12:50 PM

Anyone proposing a development activity near a stream or other watercourse in the city of Norwalk must receive a permit from the floodplain administrator's office. Current local flood damage reduction regulations designate Jim Sawyer, Director of Public Works, as the floodplain administrator, responsible for reviewing permit applications to develop in flood hazard areas. The enforcement of these regulations allows the city of Norwalk to participate in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).

Read the rest of this story in Today's Reflector...

Recommended for You

    Norwalk Reflector Videos