no avatar

Make Sure You are getting Paid Minimum Wage

Norwalk Reflector Staff • Oct 29, 2015 at 11:59 AM

With more seniors working, many at low-wage jobs, improvement in the state and federal minimum wage comes as a welcome benefit.

However, not all employers may be following the law.

In January, the Ohio minimum wage went to $6.85 per hour as a result of voters' approval of a change to the state's constitution. Most jobs, but not all, are covered by the state minimum wage.

The Federal minimum wage went up on July 24, 2007, but at $5.85 an hour it remains below the state minimum.

If you are not being paid the Ohio minimum wage, you can file a complaint with the Ohio Department of Commerce Wage and Hour Bureau. Call (614) 644-2239 to request a complaint form.

To file a Federal minimum wage complaint, call the U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Office at (216) 357-5400 or go to the Office at Room 817 in the Federal Office Building at 1240 E. Ninth St. in Cleveland.

Reprint Cleveland Legal Aid Society

Recommended for You