no avatar

How to obtain birth certificates for incoming kindergartners

Norwalk Reflector Staff • Oct 28, 2015 at 3:50 PM

In order for your child to register for school, it is necessary for you to have a certified copy of their birth certificate. A "mother's certificate" issued from the hospital is not a certified copy of a birth certificate. The birth certificate must have a raised seal and a certification statement from the health department.

If your child was born at Bellevue Hospital, Fisher-Titus Medical Center, or Mercy Hospital of Willard, or anywhere within Huron County, your child's birth certificate is available from the Huron County General Health District. The cost is $20.

There are three ways to obtain a certified copy of the birth certificate:

In person at the Health District, 180 Milan Ave. Norwalk OH 44857 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding legal holidays.

By mail. Each request must include the child's name, date of birth and the signature of the person requesting the certificate. You will find a copy of a request form at the Web sitewww.huroncohealth.com. Please include a check or money order for $20 along with a self-addressed stamped envelope.

By phone during regular business hours, using a credit card. Call (419) 668-1652 or (888) 694-2443 x 223.

If your child was born outside of Huron County or Bellevue, please refer to the Ohio Department of Health Web site atwww.odh.state.oh.us/vitalstatist... to locate your child's birth certificate.

Recommended for You

    Norwalk Reflector Videos