Norwalk Fire Department Capt. Tom Frey estimated the damage to Thursday's trailer fire at $15,000 $10,000 for the structure and $5,000 in content damage. He said he saw no evidence of arson, and no sign of arson.
"As soon as we got water on it, it went right out," said Frey, who helped extinguish the fire.
Firefighters responded to the Ohio 601 blaze a little after 10 a.m. Thursday, and found the mobile home filled with smoke and visible through the side door.
The fire began in a small water heater room and extended into a bathroom and attic space, the reports said. Burn patterns indicated the origin of the fire was near the base of a shared wall between the water heater and a sink cabinet.
The fire burned completely through the wall and consumed one-third of the cabinet. There was no source of ignition in the area, except for a hot water tank and some extension cords. They were unplugged at the time of the fire and don't appear to have caused the blaze.
Home owner Charles Case said nothing seemed out of the ordinary when he left the residence around 9:10 a.m. He added his 5-year-old grandson, who he lives with, had already gone to school.
Case said his nephew called to tell him about the fire, and he saw fire trucks and an ambulance when he arrived home.
"I just moved in around a month and a half ago," Case said. "It's rough."
The Red Cross put Case, who has no insurance, up in a local motel. He is looking for some help. If you wish to, call Case's sister, Janet Castle, at (419) 663-1198.