no avatar

AGRI-BUSINESS NEWS AND NOTES - Submit settlements for payment soon

Norwalk Reflector Staff • Oct 28, 2015 at 3:46 PM

There were very few days during 2006 when an LDP was available to producers.

However, if you delivered eligible soybeans on various dates during September through Oct. 4, there is a possibility that you have a payment coming. LDP never reached the levels they have in the past for 2006 but if you delivered on the dates when an LDP was in place you could have some income you are entitled to. If you have a payment coming you will need to submit your settlement sheets to the office or apply for your LDP online.

Here are some agri-business notes from the Huron and Erie County Farm Service Agency:

Farmer's choice: Until recently the county administrative office for program participants was basically the county office in which the principal farm operator resided. Now a change in a farm's administrative county may be permitted without completing a farm combination in the receiving county, if the producer documents that the changed administrative county office is significantly more convenient. Changing an administrative county office because of convenience is a one-time selection (for the current operator) and will not be used to evade program rules. Those who use the convenience method will still be able to vote for county committee candidates running for county committee in their original county's local administrative area, however they will not be permitted to be a candidate for that county's committee. A farm transfer can be initiated by the farm's operator or owner or the receiving or transferring county committee. All owners and operator must sign a FSA-179, transfer of farm records between counties before the process can be started.

Operation changes: Before you make your appointment to sign into DCP it is a good idea to review your operation carefully. Have you purchased new land, sold some land for house lots, created a trust or LLC? All of these changes can effect your participation in any of the FSA programs. Before signing into DCP or any other program for 2007 all information on your operation must be current and accurate. Correct owners must be listed on your 1026A and cash rent statements or lease agreements provided. If you became a trust for 2007 and used your social security number to do so, we will need to have paperwork on file that reflects that change. If you created an LLC, partnership, or corporation, different forms must be filed for your operation as well. It is very important that we have any changes in place before we generate your 2007 contracts. If changes are not reported until after the contracts are ran, it will require obtaining new cash rent statements from your owners under your new entity, re-running all contracts and obtaining signatures again. It is a tremendous time saver for everyone if all changes are reported timely.

Bank account changes: Anytime you change banks or account numbers it is very important that you update your direct deposit form in our office. Since all banks have a unique routing number, unless you complete an updated form to provide us with any new information about your banking, your payments will be misrouted and delayed. While they will get to you eventually, by keeping your records current in our office payments will get to you promptly.

Diana Strouse is the county executive director for the Huron and Erie County Farm Service Agency. For more information, call the agency at (419) 668-4113.

Recommended for You

    Norwalk Reflector Videos