Bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating on the Hayes Home lawn and see performances two Wednesdays a month on the spacious verandah of President Rutherford B. Hayes’ beloved and historic home.
Each event begins with an ice cream social at 6:30 p.m., and music starts at 7 p.m. If there is inclement weather, concerts could be canceled. For updates, visit rbhayes.org or call 800-998-7737. Updates also will be posted on the Hayes Presidential Library & Museums’ social media pages.
The 2018 Verandah Concert schedule is as follows:
• June 13 - Fossil Creek Band, performing bluegrass music
• June 27 - Ukulele ensemble Grand Royale Ukulelists of the Black Swamp
• July 11 - Honey Creek Preservation Jass Band playing Dixieland jazz
• July 25 - Lake Plains Barbershop Chorus, performing men’s barbershop music
• Aug. 8 - Chrissy & Don: Music and Fun, performing popular music with vocals and acoustic guitar
• Aug. 22 - North Coast Big Band, performing World War II era big band music
The concerts are sponsored by Fremont Federal Credit Union. Additional funding by Mosser Construction, Inc.