Fifteen of the 33 remaining classmates and four guests were in attendance. Donna Schaechterle Tyson gave the invocation, after which Phil Brutsche offered the welcome. The 47 deceased members were honored with a reading by Don Knight.
After lunch, Jean Richards offered recognition and correspondence, noting the following:
• Don Nickoli was a first time attendee;
• Clark Keysor, who recently moved from Florida to Powder Springs, Ga., was the distance traveler, followed by Phil Brutsche of Franklin, Ind.;
• Recent birthdays were mentioned;
• Three classmates, Carol Goodenough Reed, Mary Knoll Nicholson and Lillian Walker Wooten, have died since the 2017 reunion.
• Jim Poth, class president, passed away in 2011. His widow, Alice, is offering a book celebrating his life.
The class of 1951 has produced two authors, Helen Heitsche Wallace Leber authored four books of short fiction. Betty Tite Palfy wrote “Journey of My Life,” consisting of adventures in volunteering.
Members not mentioned above who attended are: Felecia Bauer Stang, Shirley Chandler Berry. Clyna Fauser Behnke, Regina Hipp Schild, Ted Lang, Dorothy Lindenau Henes, Gayleen McCoy Geer, Nancy Tomei Laface and Janet Twaddle Herner.
Shirley Berry, Gayleen Geer and Janet Herner continue to hold their places in the perfect attendance spot.
The class picture wasn’t taken due to the scheduled missing photographer.
Five classmates and one guest met Sunday for breakfast in the Dinky.
A June 2019 reunion is scheduled for another fun gathering.
Classmates continue to meet the last Saturday of the month at 11:30 a.m., except November and December which have end-of-the-month holidays.