Water goes up a few cents for each category and sewer service will be raised by 3 percent. Other rates will be increased and details are available at village hall.
In other business:
• A question arose about a sinking sidewalk in front of a vacant store front on East Main Street. It was noted the property owner is responsible for any liability issues.
• Stu Cooke and Mike Willis will represent the village on the Firelands Ambulance Board next year. The service is selling memberships for $50.
• There will be a vacancy on the zoning and planning board, and anyone interested in filling the 3-year position is asked to send a letter of interest to the mayor by Dec. 11.
• Organizations, families, churches and others are encouraged to put up a holiday display in Christmas Lane in the Recreation Park. Call Joe Thomas at 419-541-6131.
• Hometown Holidays is Saturday with the Christmas parade starting at 10 a.m.