no avatar

Plymouth routs Buckeye Central for 3-0 start

By Norwalk Reflector staff • Sep 13, 2019 at 11:20 PM

NEW WASHINGTON — The Plymouth Big Red football team improved to 3-0 for the first time since its lone playoff season of 2014 with Friday’s 32-0 win over host Buckeye Central on Friday in New Washington.

Plymouth raced out to a 32-0 lead at halftime, and with the nasty weather throughout the region, the game was called and the second half was not played — as the OHSAA running clock rule was already going to be in place.

The Big Red got the scoring started less than three minutes into the game, as quarterback Walker Elliott scored on a 13-yard run at 9:03 mark of the first quarter. The try for two points failed.

Later in the first quarter, Camden Welch added a 15-yard scoring run to put the Big Red up 12-0 at the 1:56 mark of the opening quarter. Plymouth’s third TD of the quarter came when Lukas Montgomery scored on an 8-yard run, then Welch added the 2-point conversion for a 20-0 lead with 1:36 left in the quarter.

Plymouth closed the scoring on a 1-yard TD run by Shae Sparks, and a Elliott-to-Caiden Allen TD pass in the second quarter.

Montgomery ran seven times for 80 yards for the Big Red, while Elliott added seven rushes for 61 yards and was 4-of-4 passing for 42 yards. 


Plymouth 20 12 — 32

B. Central  0   0 — 0


P — Walker Elliott 13 run (conversion failed)

P — Camden Welch 15 run (conversion failed)

P — Lukas Montgomery 8 run (Welch run)

P — Sparks 1 run (conversion failed)

P — Allen pass from Elliott (conversion failed) 


Calvert-St. Paul postponed

TIFFIN — The annual showdown between the visiting Flyers (2-0) and host Senecas (1-1) is one of several games forced to wait a day.

The two teams never made it through pregame warmups on Friday, as multiple weather delays forced the game to be postponed to 3 p.m. on Saturday at Frost-Kalnow Stadium in Tiffin.


Seneca East beats Willard

WILLARD — The Crimson Flashes trailed visiting Seneca East by a 42-14 score in the second quarter in a game that was originally scheduled to resume at 2 p.m. on Saturday, but then the decision was made to call the game where the score stood.

No further information was available.


Wellington ahead at New London

NEW LONDON — The Dukes and Wildcats got a half in on Friday, and will finish the non-conference matchup at 4 p.m. Saturday at Recreation Park.

Wellington leads the game, 18-7.


Keystone 30, South Central 0

LAGRANGE — The Trojans (2-1) never got untracked in Friday’s game, which was called at halftime as a result of the weather and the point differential.

South Central will host Monroeville next Friday in the Firelands Conference opener for both teams.


Bellevue 28, Madison 0

MANSFIELD — Bellevue rushed for 293 yards and shut out Mansfield Madison 28-0 Friday night in a game called at halftime due to inclement weather.

The Redmen dominated the two-quarter contest, scoring their first touchdown on a 20-yard run by Keegan Ray. The junior quarterback finished the game with 120 yards rushing and two touchdowns on eight carries.

Mason Miller carried 10 times for 104 yards and a touchdown while Jack Howey carried four times for 69 yards. His 21-yard touchdown run was the last score of the game.

The Redmen held Madison (0-3) to 72 total yards while piling up 316 in just two quarters of play.

Senior Dalton Weller had an interception for Bellevue, which improved to 3-0. The Redmen will play at Clear Fork next Friday.


Bellevue 14 14 — 28

Madison  0   0 — 0


B — Keegan Ray 20 run (kick failed)

B — Mason Miller 2 run (Jack Howey run)

B — Ray 17 run (Hunter Nottke kick)

B — Howey 21 run (Nottke kick)

Norwalk Reflector Videos