The Norwalk police and fire departments received a call at 8:55 p.m. from someone who noticed smoke coming from the home at 80 Harris Ave. The police were first on the scene and alerted the fire department, verifying smoke was coming from the back of the house.
No one was home when the fire started.
When firefighters arrived, flames were visible.
Three trucks and 11 firemen responded to the blaze, which took a little over an hour to extinguish. Firefighters had to remove siding and overhaul the area.
“We had it knocked down pretty quick” Lt. Curt Stang said. “The back wall burned completely off the house. It was inside the wall but never actually in the house.”
Stang said the fire most likely was caused by an electrical-related issue. However, it was hard to tell for sure.
The fire remains under investigation, Stang said.