Board members recognized the students for their hard work, presentation and delicious creations they have provided the board throughout the school year.
Also, teacher academy seniors Sierra Frost (Bellevue High School), Lillie Klepper (Edison), Michaela Rush (Norwalk) and Lauren Zimmermann (Huron) presented their Drug Free Clubs of America project. Students remain members of Drug Free Clubs by passing random drug screens. The results aren’t shared with school officials.
The students will present their project at the Educators Rising national competition in Dallas in June. Their presentation received second place at state in March.
In other action, the board:
• Accepted the resignations of part-time, as-needed adult education instructors Mary Ailing (effective April 29) and Darlene Thomay Weaver (May 30).
• Employed Angela Sieger, of Bellevue, as an English instructor and Christine Brammer, of Wakeman, as a part-time aide, both for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Approved as-needed contracts for: Part-time adult education, security, student worker, substitute aides, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, secretary and maintenance worker for the 2019-2020 school year. Also, the board approved various supplemental contracts and extended contract days.
• Adopted the updated adult education handbooks presented at the April meeting, the school of practical nursing handbook, student handbook and consumer disclosure information.
• Approved the Northwest Ohio Educational Technology contract renewal from July 1 of this year through June 30, 2020. Also, board members approved the contract with the board of the Erie County General Health District for licensed practical nursing and registered nursing services for the 2019-2020 school year.
• Accepted the April financial report, provided five-year forecast and accompanying assumptions for the fiscal years 2019 through 2023.
• Approved a three-year contract with Julian & Grube to provide services for preparing EHOVE’s basic financial statements in compliance with generally accepted account principles (GAAP).
The next board meeting is scheduled for 10 a.m. June 12.