Owned by LinkedIn, Lynda.com has been the leading provider of online learning content for 20 years. The service has more than 12,000 courses, ranging from computer programming to project management including instruction on various computer software, programming languages and business topics. The video courses are taught by industry experts and are designed for any skill level. Lynda.com also offers more than 50 different learning paths to help users stay ahead in their current job or change careers.
It’s free to patrons, so if you have an account with the Huron County Community Library, all you need is your library card number and PIN. You can access Lynda.com inside or outside the library, from any device with an internet connection.
Lynda.com courses are available for dozens of popular software and developer tools, including:
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, etc.)
• Latest versions of popular operating systems such as Windows 10, iOS, Android, Linux
• Coding and markup languages such as C, Java, Python, Ruby, MySQL, HTML, CSS, and PHP
In addition, Lynda.com offers courses on business topics and personal advancement, such as:
• Job hunting and résumé or cover letter writing
• Business skills, communication, marketing and leadership
• Data analysis, cloud computing, and server management
• Creative arts including 3D animation, video editing, photography and more
Providing Lynda.com is another way that the library system is supporting the local community and small businesses in the area. Whether you are a professional wanting to sharpen your skills, or an amateur starting from square one, Lynda.com can provide the instruction you need.
September is National Library Card Sign-up Month, but you don’t have to wait. Sign up now for a Huron County Community Library card and start learning with Lynda.com.