The following rates will be effective beginning Aug. 22, the first day of school:
• All classified positions except bus drivers ($10 per hour)
• Route bus drivers ($15)
• Trip bus drivers ($12.50)
• Certified teacher substitutes: $90 per day the first 40 days of the school year, $95 daily for the remainder of the year and $95 for retired district teachers who return to sub anytime during the academic year. This pay is based on per day or half-day.
In other action, the board approved:
• A change to preschool tuition rates. Depending on the household income, the rates for four half-day programs range from $55 to $105 each month.
• The Oct. 1 retirement of Norwalk High School Spanish teacher Barb Moore, pending her being rehired. She has been with the district since Aug. 15, 1989.
“She has asked to be considered for rehire after her retirement,” Superintendent George Fisk said.
A public hearing on Moore’s possible rehire is set for 8 a.m. Tuesday.
• The resignation of head wrestling coach Dan Helton, who has held the position since 2010.
“He wants to spend more time with his family now,” Fink said, referring to Helton’s reason for resigning.
• The employment of Brenna Davis as a preschool intervention specialist at Maplehurst Elementary, on a one-year contract effective Aug. 19.
Davis, a 2012 New London High School alumna, recently graduated from Bowling Green State University. Fisk described the first-year teacher as “very energetic,” adding he believes Davis will fit into the district very well.
• Family medical leave for Linda Moreno for up to 12 work weeks beginning Aug. 19. She is an English language learner aide (formerly ESL) at Maplehurst.