Two of the defendants currently are in the same prison, the Lorain Correctional Institution (LCI).
Benjamin E. Blair, 38, was indicted on trafficking in drugs. Prison records indicate he is serving a local, three-year sentence for three counts of possession of drugs and one charge of judicial sanction. Blair has been at LCI since Feb. 23.
In another local case, Jeffrey L. Patton, 47, was indicted on one count each of tampering with evidence and possession of drugs. Prison records indicate he is serving a local, sentence of one year and nine months for one charge each of judicial sanction and failure to appear. Patton has been at prison since March 26.
The other defendants who were indicted Friday are:
• Zachary T. Boster, 20, of 24 W. Main St., Greenwich, on two counts each of felonious assault and failure to comply with the order or signal of a police officer and one charge of tampering with evidence
• Thomas S. Handy, 25, of 60 Milan Ave., on burglary and disrupting public service
• Brandon J. Johnson, 27, of Shiloh, on two counts of felonious assualt and one charge of aggravated possession of drugs. Each felonious assault charge, a second-degree felony, comes with a repeat, violent-offender specification.
• Antonio X. Kimbro, 21, of 302 Maplewood St., Willard, on trafficking in heroin
• Jessy P. Lee, 27, of 70 Third St., New London, on possession of heroin and possession of drugs
• Robert D. Mitchell, 34, of Mansfield, on aggravated possession of drugs and criminal trespassing
• Austin B. Spears, 26, of 915 U.S. 224, Greenwich, on tampering with evidence
• Christopher Stephens, 25, of 116 W. Pearl St., Willard, on aggravated trafficking in drugs and two counts of trafficking in heroin
• Jason R. Wolford, 33, of 3 Glover Ave., on two counts of failure to appear and one charge each of aggravated possession of drugs, tampering with evidence, possessing drug abuse instruments and obstructing official business. The aggravated possession of drugs charge comes with a specification that Wolford must forfeit a cell phone, some money and undisclosed property if there is a conviction.
• Brett T. Ziemke, 29, of 5780 Ohio 18, Wakeman, on theft and forgery