The frozen raw sausage products were produced and packaged from June 1, 2018 through Aug. 31, 2018.
The following products are subject to recall:
• Various weight sealed plastic packages containing “Chevapi Balkan Style Sausage” with lot code date of 18018 through 27018.
• Various weight sealed plastic packages containing “Pljeskavice Balkan Style Sausage” with lot code date of 18018 through 27018.
This product was distributed through the retail operations located in the Cleveland and Akron area at the following locations:
• Mentor Family Foods located at 7294 Lakeshore Blvd., Mentor, Ohio
• Alesci’s located at 29730 Lakeshore Blvd., Willowick, Ohio
• PV Euromarket located at 4805 W. Pleasant Valley Rd., Parma, Ohio
• More Than Convenient Market located at 666 Carnegie Ave. #L, Akron, Ohio
• Ziggy’s Produce located at 4641 Broadview Rd., Cleveland, Ohio
• Taste of Europe Foods located at 15512 Madison Ave., Lakewood, Ohio
The sausage products subject to recall bear establishment number “1200 SEOH” inside the USDA mark of inspection on the front of the label and contain a lot code of 18018 through 27018 on the underside of the package. Images of the labels are located at the bottom of this message.
The problem was discovered by the Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) Division of Meat Inspection in conjunction with an investigation conducted by the ODA Enforcement Division.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about a reaction should contact a healthcare provider.
Some product may be frozen and in consumers’ freezers. Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them.
These products should be discarded or returned to the company.